ASBESTOS TESTING IN QUEENS, NEW YORK
MKM Environmental Consulting is the top choice for asbestos testing in Queens! Our team is licensed, insured, and experienced to provide you the most effective asbestos inspection in New York. We also complete the ACP-5 form, which is needed before you can be granted construction permits. When you need an asbestos inspector in Queens, look no further! We are the most reliable environmental consultants in the area.
Asbestos: A Natural Hazard
Though asbestos is a natural mineral, it can cause severe health problems for any person who has been exposed. Asbestos exists in many forms, and it can be found throughout several materials used for building construction. It is especially common in older homes and buildings.
Two major health conditions that follow asbestos exposure include cancer and lung disease. One of the most well-known health problems associated with asbestos is mesothelioma. This is an aggressive cancer that develops within the lining of the lungs and abdomen. Typically, these medical conditions develop long after exposure to asbestos containing materials (ACM).
To preserve the health and safety of New York residents, local laws require asbestos testing for property owners in Queens. Before any construction, asbestos testing in Queens is necessary. To schedule your inspection, contact our professional asbestos inspectors today. We will quickly and reliably detect any ACM on your property so that it can be disposed of correctly.
When is Asbestos Testing in Queens Necessary?
As a general rule, asbestos testing is required before any construction project can begin. This may include electric or plumbing repair, building demolition, renovations, etc. You must have an asbestos survey before any permits will be granted for construction in Queens. If no asbestos is found in your samples, an ACP-5 form will be issued. Below are the most common times for asbestos testing in Queens.
- Before You Begin Remodels & Renovations
When you are planning property renovations, asbestos testing in Queens is required. Because remodels have the potential to disturb ACM, all asbestos surveys must be finished with a complete ACP-5 form before construction can begin.
- Ahead of Demolition Procedures
Like remodeling, demolition processes can disturb the asbestos containing material on your property. Therefore, all asbestos testing in Queens must be completed before building demolition begins. An ACP-5 form must also be obtained before demolition permits are issued. Our asbestos inspectors in Queens can help you with each step of this process.
- Prior to Major Repairs & Maintenance
Many repair jobs and maintenance procedures also damage potential ACM. Therefore, repair work may also require asbestos testing in Queens, NY. Even a small repair has the potential to release asbestos fibers into the air, creating a safety hazard for tenants and employees. To protect anyone in the area, asbestos testing in Queens is required.
When there may be damage to asbestos containing materials, asbestos inspections should always be performed by a Certified Asbestos Investigator. Our team at MKM consists of the most efficient, dependable asbestos investigators in Queens. Contact us for the necessary asbestos testing before your renovations, repairs, or demolitions.
Our Asbestos Testing Process in Queens
At MKM Environmental Consulting, we make a point to keep the asbestos testing process simple and understandable for all. We begin with planning and surveying, then move onto sample analysis and review. Throughout the entire process, our asbestos inspectors in Queens will keep you informed. To ease your concerns, we have outlined our process below.
- Receive a FREE Estimate: To start, contact our team to discuss your asbestos testing needs and receive a FREE estimate. Then, we will review your work plans and begin our surveying process.
- Begin Surveying: While sampling possible asbestos containing materials, we adhere to the strictest safety guidelines. In addition, we strive to sample from hidden areas so that the aesthetic value of your property is not affected. At MKM, our certified asbestos inspectors in Queens are trained and experienced to provide the highest quality sampling techniques.
- Send Samples for Testing: Once we have gathered samples of your materials, we send them to a third party ELAP certified lab for a detailed analysis.
- Review Analysis Reports: When the testing is complete, the lab sends us a report of their findings. Our skilled asbestos inspectors in Queens review this report and make note of any issues discovered.
- Complete Necessary Forms: If your report comes back without issues, we complete the ACP-5 form. The ACP-5 form states that your property is either free of asbestos or the asbestos is below 10 square feet. Then, you can obtain the necessary permits for your construction project. However, if asbestos is found throughout your samples, you will need to hire an abatement contractor. These contractors can carefully and completely remove ACM from your property, then they issue the ACP-21 form.
- Post-Testing Consultation: Whatever the results of your laboratory analysis, we will discuss the findings with you. Our team will then recommend the most appropriate next steps to you, whether that is permitting or abatement. At MKM, our asbestos inspectors are trained to provide you with the necessary direction once we complete your asbestos testing in Queens.
If you are in need of dependable asbestos testing in Queens, MKM Environmental Consulting is the team you need! We are licensed and insured, and we provide the simplest, most effective asbestos inspections for any property in Queens. Our team has a thorough understanding of local regulations that govern asbestos testing in Queens, and we keep our process simple and understandable for every step along the way.
MKM is Your Local Expert for Asbestos Testing in Queens
Asbestos can pose a serious health hazard when a person is exposed. Because of the risk of dangerous lung diseases and cancer, asbestos testing in Queens is vital before any construction project begins. Asbestos containing material can be located in any building, residential or commercial, and asbestos can be found in many different materials. That is why you need a professional asbestos inspector to identify the presence of ACM on your property in Queens.
To keep our process highly effective and streamlined, we make it simple. We start with an estimate, collect some samples, send them for testing, then review the results with you. We also issue the ACP-5 form after a clean report. Asbestos testing along with the ACP-5 form allow you to get permits for your upcoming construction.
Before you start your remodel, demolition, or repairs, make sure everyone will be protected from the health risks associated with asbestos exposure. Contact the reliable asbestos inspectors at MKM Environmental Consulting now to schedule your detailed asbestos testing in Queens, New York.